Advantages of Career Planning:-
A properly designed system of career planning can provide the following benefits:
- Career planning helps an employee to know the career opportunities available in an organization.
- Career planning encourages him to avail of the training and development facilities in the organization so as to improve his ability to handle new and higher assignments.
- Career planning involves a survey of employee abilities and attitudes. It becomes possible, therefore to group together people talking on a similar wavelength and place them under supervisors who are responsive to that wavelength.
- Career planning anticipates the future vacancies that may arise due to retirement, resignation, death, etc. at managerial level. Therefore, it provides a fairly reliable guide for manpower forecasting.
- Career planning facilitates expansion and growth of the enterprise. The employees required to fill job vacancies in future can be identified and developed in time.
Source: HR Books & Notes